Enhanced Fetal Alcohol Support Project
- Program Description
- Referral Sources
The Extended FASD Support Project (EFSP) is multi-faceted and is designed to support adults living with (or suspected of living with) FASD who are at risk of or already involved in the criminal justice system. We support the process of an FASD assessment and provide resources through ongoing community support teams to ensure a quality of life and success in reaching goals set out by the client.
We provide assistance to:
- Obtain an FASD medical Diagnosis (funding permitted)
- secure AISH and/or PDD Funding
- secure housing - Independent or supported
- secure a gratifying job
- secure supports to address client addictions
- secure long term supports in the community
- address criminal justice issues
- build a supportive environment to help the client achieve personal goals
Referrals to participate come from:
- Self-Referrals from Individuals who have or are suspected of having FASD
- Family members
- Support agencies
- Criminal Justice System
FASD Action Hall is a weekly group meeting for clients and their supports (allies) that teaches and builds:
- self-advocacy skills
- meal planning – healthy eating
- healthy relationships
- communication skills
- how to access supports in the community
- how to build a and support and healthy life style
Participation in FAH results in clients having a stronger understanding of FASD and their personal strengths as it leads to independent, healthy living.
FASD Training - We offer training and leaning sessions for community support teams with the purpose of building an understanding of FASD, strategies to use with clients affected and increase understanding of how to support individuals with FASD.
Further information can be obtained from :
Extended FASD Special Project Coordinator
Aboriginal Outreach Caseworker
Self-referrals by phoning Marleny Munoz at 403 536 0546Referred by any adult community residential facility, criminal system, parents and family members, or community agencies by phoning Marleny Munoz or sending an email.